Heyooo! It’s Thursday, so it’s time for another instalment of Bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. As always, this is hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say hey.
1. GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I leave for Seattle TOMORROW!! Craig and I will be gone for 15 days and I’m so excited and SO STRESSED. I just want to be on the plane with my kindle and a sweater. We leave Glasgow at 13:40 and connect in Reykjavik for the 8 hour flight to Seattle. The airline put us 10 rows apart so I shelled out some cash to get us both sat together AND in an emergency exit row, which means extra leg rooooom. We’re staying up extra late tonight to try and get ahead of the jet lag, so hopefully that goes well.
2. The next two weeks are going to be BANANAS. We get into Seattle around 6pm tomorrow, and are back at the airport the next morning for a 10:30 flight to California. We’re going to San Diego, Disneyland, and Universal, then coming home on Wednesday. My sister gets married on Saturday the 21st, and then we have a full week of activities before flying back and getting into Glasgow at 10:30am on Sunday the 29th.
3. Lafayette is off on an adventure tonight, as he’ll be having his own little vacation at my father-in-law’s house.
4. Today is my BIRTHDAY! Hello, 29! Craig got me a copy of B.S. Johnson’s The Unfortunates, which is one of the strangest books I’ve ever seen. It’s a book in a box! The book is split into separate, smaller booklets (‘sections’) – there are two sections labelled ‘First’ and ‘Last,’ which you read in that order, but the rest of the booklets can be read in any order you choose. I’m really excited to get into it when we get back.
5. I’m still working on getting out of my reading slump, but I’ll have some solid time to push through on the plane tomorrow.
6. I’ve been trying to plan future posts so that I can keep interacting with everyone while I’m away, but I’m sooooo bad at doing posts in advance. I have one and a half right now and realistically, I wanted 4 or 5. So the blog might be really quiet for the next two weeks but I promise there will be AT LEAST two posts.
7. I was so pleased to see Croatia triumph over England in the World Cup last night. France is obviously the favourite going into the final on Sunday, but I like Croatia’s chances. I think they’re plucky. With any luck, Craig and I will stream the game in the car during the 2.5 hour drive to the San Diego Zoo.