Hey, hey, hey! It’s Thursday again (YES), which means it’s time for another instalment of Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts. As always, this is hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say hey.
1. As of today, I’ve taught 8 classes in 2 weeks. It’s insanely hard and I feel so much for every person out there who teaches high school (the kids in my classes are 13). I’m also enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, and have decided to go an extra step and bring their work home with me to review and offer suggestions. I think I’d be a good teacher, really, and in another life, maybe I am. Retraining as a teacher is like £15k though soooo it’s the librarian life for me.
2. A thing a student said to me today:
“Yeah, I was really into hot chocolate for a while, but then I switched to orange juice and thought, why not?” — on why he puts marshmallows in his orange juice
3. Craig and I are still sick, and it’s wreaking havoc on our lives.
4. Tomorrow night, we’re going to see the RCS (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland) Symphony Orchestra, and I’m really looking forward to that. We’re also getting Taco Bell beforehand, so it’s possible I’m mostly excited for that.
5. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is BACK and it’s amazing. It’s such an important show, you should all go watch it.
6. We still haven’t finished The Haunting of Hill House, but we’re hoping to get through that this weekend.
7. The Great British Bake Off ended in disgrace and I’ll never accept it.
8. I’m nearly finished with Ian Rankin’s Hide and Seek and I’m mostly enjoying it. It’s a crime novel published in 1991 so it’s feeling it’s age a bit, but I’m interested in the more recent books in the series and what kind of monster just picks up a series midway through?
9. I’m eating a blueberry muffin as I write this and the top tastes vaguely of coleslaw and I’m not sure what to do with this information.
10. The midterm elections are in 5 days and I’m so ready but also I’m not ready at all.
11. I’m in a reading slump and it’s killing me but I’m hoping that dedicating some actual time to books this weekend helps push me through it.
12. I think this is the longest Bookish Thoughts post I’ve made.
13. This song from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is perfect.